Monday, September 26, 2011

Family matters

Heres an adviserly rambling blog post....
For a change, I have the whole house to myself. With a lazy weekend in front of me, my mind wanders casually over the past few weeks of life here. With my parents' visit , they have been quite hectic. Now that they have gone, there is a silence in the house I'm not used to.

Family matters. They are the only ones who stand by you go with you wherever you go. Its often that you take these relationships for granted. Which is bad. There... I made my point for this blog.

People handle staying away from family differently. Some of them miss their family and constantly whine about it. They make a flurry of phone calls across the Atlantic everyday. They share their many concerns and moments of happiness with people back home. Some others try to hide themselves from their homesick feelings. They tell themselves they can handle things on their own and see their impulses to call back home as a sign of weakness.

Probably the only unconditional support you will get is from your family. Dont underestimate that.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. very true. Refreshing to see something frank and from the heart nowadays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rach: Thanks. More to follow on these lines.. I hope!

    ReplyDelete